Surgery can be a scary option but on occasions it may be necessary. At JYphysiotherapy we are here to offer expert support and the best rehabilitation process. We work closely with surgeons, which helps optimise the success.
There are many different procedures that can be treated and rehabilitated post-surgery at JYphysiotherapy, here are a few that we specialise in;
- ACL reconstruction pre-hab and post- operative rehab Surgeons often recommend some pre-operative work on the knee after an injury to build it up to as strong as possible. This often optimises the results of the surgery.
- Post- operative ACL rehabilitation– Here at JYphysiotherapy we have worked with many successful ACL rehabilitation patients. The journey following ACL surgery can be long and hard but we work together with patients to educate and help build a strong successful programme.
- We also work with patients who have had Total Knee Replacement and Total Hip Replacement. Patients who have replacement surgery often have struggled for a number of years with pain and poor function. It is always advisable to see if you can start gentle exercises that keep joints moving and strong. Having a good idea of the exercises that you will do after surgery will also help you get on top of your rehabilitation.
- Other surgical procedures we treat are Hip Arthroscopes. This is an area that is relatively new and getting the right rehab is vital for the success of the surgery. We offer programmes that are tailored for your needs.
- Micro-discectomies. Patients who have had low back surgery can benefit from a rehabilitation programme that strengthens and helps them return to full function.
After any surgical procedure we offer a full and tailored rehabilitation programme and help you understand the goals of the rehabilitation. Often it can be a frustrating time and we will help you stay focused to get the most out of the surgery.